Thanks for installing namehelp!
You're almost ready to go — there are just a few more setup steps:
- Configure namehelp (IP address 127.0.0.1) as your computer's DNS server. Follow these instructions, but use 127.0.0.1 instead of address specified on that site.
The 127.0.0.1 address refers to your own computer -- "there's no place like 127.0.0.1". :)
- If you are using the Chrome browser, please install the namehelp helper extension (click here). This will give you easy access to the namehelp dashboard via the icon in the upper-right corner of your browser.
- If you are not using the Chrome browser, you can access the dashboard here: http://localhost:53533/—simply bookmark this page. This site is only accessible from the computer where namehelp is installed. We are currently developing extensions for browsers other than Chrome.
Installing a browser extension is necessary to let namehelp run personalized benchmark tests.
Feedback, comments, questions, problems, ...
We genuinely hope you will find namehelp useful and keep it installed. If you do need to uninstall it, please follow these instructions for your platform:
- Microsoft Windows: use the "Add/Remove Programs" functionality in "Control Panel"
- Mac OS X: run the "namehelp Uninstaller.pkg" program in /Applications/Utilities
- Ubuntu/Debian Linux: run the /opt/namehelp/uninstall.sh script